As a Dental Hygiene student, Lisa Mapplebeck considered herself very fortunate to have passionate, dedicated teachers. They inspired her to want to make a similar impact for her patients and clients, lighting a spark that ultimately lead her to support student and graduate healthcare professionals to make a difference in the health of Canadians.
Having been inspired by these wonderful mentors, Lisa has pursued various career roles in Clinical, Education, Consulting, and Corporate settings where Lisa has continued her dedication to Healthcare and Dental Hygiene practice and standards, while supporting others with their educational and professional goals.
Lisa has developed, facilitated, and presented numerous programs, workshops, and CE courses. Audiences include students, faculty, and graduate professionals across local, Provincial and National Associations, as well as Dental, Dental Hygiene, and Pharmacy schools across Canada. Programs include:
- Non-Surgical Perio Therapy Program: co-created and facilitated with Transitions Group
- Ultrasonic Instrumentation: Hands-On workshop
- Dental Hygiene Process of Care: Paradigm Shift
- Professional Portfolio & Standards of Practice: Hands-On workshop
- Locally Delivered Antibiotics in Non-Surgical Periodontal Therapy Programs
- Pre-Procedural Rinsing to decrease bacterial aerosol production
- Therapeutic Mouthrinses: Impact on Oral and Systemic Health
- Dentin Hypersensitivity / Acid related Enamel Erosion / Xerostomia
- Consumer Key Opinion Leader:
- Global roundtable scientific review producing Canadian Gingivitis publication
- National consumer product launch campaign: TV/Radio/Print
Lisa lives with her husband and puppy in Southwestern Ontario. In her free time, she gives back in her community, and freely admits that she is 1 very big part dental geek, 2 parts aspiring yoga and meditation student, and 3 parts animal, flower, and nature lover…too many parts?