Yesterday, we shared a vital tip on maximizing the current opportunity in isolation. We discussed the importance of staying in contact with your patients during isolation and a few ways that you can do this. From blasting newsletters to engaging through videos. Click here to read yesterday’s tip.
Today we are delighted to share a great example of this! Dr. Walter Heidary, of Desired Smiles in Burlington, addresses his patients through an engaging Instagram video. Watch the full video here.
Social media is another way you can reach out and interact with your patients during isolation. Let them know that you are here for them, able to answer their questions, what they should do in case of an emergency and provide them with at-home care tips. Share your expertise through various social media channels, such as Instagram and Facebook!
Since videos are one of the most impactful ways to send messages to your patients. Here are a few helpful tips on how to build yours:
– Prepare your message ahead of time (know what you want to say and memorize a few key points).
– Keep your message clear and concise.
– Look at the camera when speaking and try not to read off a piece of paper (helps with authenticity and compassion).
– Capture your audience within the first few seconds (appeal to their emotions and address them directly).
– Add text to your video (who you are, your brand or even subtitles can help).
– Use visual consistencies – film in a well-lit area, potentially in your office reception or at a desk.
– Think of a thumbnail for the video. This thumbnail is a photo that will be seen as a preview of the video. (You can pause at the end of the video for a split second, or use a photo of your branding).
Stay engaged and top of mind with your patients! Continue to interact with them during isolation through videos. Whether it be a one-on-one conversation, or via a social media platform. Share your video with us by tagging us @TransitionsGroup.